Solid surface countertops are typically made from acrylic and provide a great surface option for counter tops and commercial applications. Northeast Cabinet & Countertop fabricates some of the top brands of solid surface material. The surface can also be refinished to remove any surface scratches after years of use. Dupont Corian offers over 80 various colors to choose from; and we are a certified Corian® fabrication shop. Northeast is also factory certified in all major brands of solid surface countertops. Here are some benefits to purchasing solid surface:
- Invisible seams on countertop.
- Curved, seamless (Cove) backsplash, preventing water from seeping down the wall behind the counter.
- Seamless sinks – no caulking to mess with!
- 100% non-porous surface- will not promote the growth of bacteria.
- Soft and warm to the touch
- Surface is repairable & re-finishable! Factory trained technicians can repair most damages to the surface.
- Several brands and hundreds of colors available, in most cases right from a sample.
- 10- Year installed warranty backed by the manufacturer.
Considerations when purchasing solid surface countertops:
- Some colors in solid surface can be expensive.
- Cannot cut on or place hot pots and pans on the surface, always use a trivet or cutting board.